Skip to Main Content

Moving Out of University Apartments Faculty Housing

What Do I Have to Do to Move Out?

Please submit a Notice of Intent to Vacate form online at the MyHousing website.

The NITV can be accessed in your housing portal by selecting “Manage Housing” from the top blue menu bar or a direct link is available on the MyHousing page under the "Other Services and Information" header. Please bear in mind that NITVs require a minimum of thirty days’ notice. Rent will be prorated to the precise date of your NITV. Tenants may certainly move out and turn in their keys prior to the NITV date but do keep in mind they will remain financially responsible for the unit through the NITV date.

Park Wilshire and Village Terrace residents should remember to reserve the elevator for their move-out day.

How Do I Avoid Paying Additional Fees?

To avoid additional fees, move out on time and turn in your keycard(s), mailbox key(s), garage door opener(s) and parking hangtag(s) on or before your move-out date. Charges will be assessed for these items if we do not receive them within two (2) business days following your move-out date.

Your initial payment, made prior to move-in was applied to your first month's rent. Your account must be current when you move out. Please contact Housing Services using the Ask Housing web site, if you have questions about your housing account.

What Can I Do to Avoid Damage Charges or Problems with My Move?

Residents are required to return the apartment to its original condition, excluding normal wear and tear. Here are a few suggestions:

  • Clean your apartment.
  • Dispose of all trash.
  • Remove all personal belongings.
  • Clean and/or vacuum the carpet.
  • Patch any holes in walls.

You have the right to a pre-inspection of your unit within two weeks (ten business days) before lease or rental agreement termination. The purpose of this inspection is to allow you to repair damages to the unit to avoid deductions from your security deposit. Contact Facilities Management at (310) 825-3595 to make arrangements for this inspection.

Charges for Apartment Painting

  • If you have occupied your apartment for less than three years you will be charged a pro-rated amount for painting the apartment.
  • If you have occupied your apartment for three years or more you may not be charged for normal apartment painting.
  • You will be charged for any excessive damage such as crayon marks, large holes, etc.

Charges for Carpet Cleaning/Replacement

  • If you have occupied your apartment for one year or more you will not be charged for normal carpet cleaning.
  • You will be charged for any excessive damage which results in additional carpet cleaning or carpet replacement.

Stop by the University Apartments North Administration Office at 11020 Weyburn Drive and your resident services coordinator will provide you with a move-out packet which has more information and a detailed list of charges.

More Questions?

We’re here to help and we want your move to be as easy as possible. Contact the University Apartments North Administration Office at 11020 Weyburn Drive, Los Angeles California 90024. Phone: (310) 983-1300 Fax: (310) 398-1314 Email:

You can also find answers to your questions under Moving Out of Your Apartment in your Faculty Resident Handbook.