2023 End-of-Year Move-Out information
Before you leave
- Place all work orders now. Any charges assessed for room damage discovered after check-out will be divided equally among all roommates.
- If you have a rented microfridge, make sure to unplug it, clean it, and leave it in your room.
- Clean and vacuum your room and take out all trash. Additional vacuums and trash bags are available with your RA and at the Front Desk. Arrange all furniture as you found it when you moved in to avoid fines.
- Arrange for storage or shipping of your personal belongings through Storage Scholars.
- No commercial storage bins may be delivered or picked up at any housing facility. Take all of your belongings home – no items may be left behind.
- Change your mailing address. Go to the “Access Housing Application & Offers” link on MyHousing. You should also change your mailing address at my.ucla.edu and update any other vendors.
- Donate unwanted clothing and E-Waste recycling. Brown bins will be available outside/near your building to donate clothing and electronic waste. For more information, please visit reslife.ucla.edu/clothesout.
Contactless check-out will be available starting the week of June 5, 2023. Email instructions will be sent to students.
Late Departures and Staythroughs
Late departure requests are now available via your housing portal. Once logged into the portal, select the "Manage Your Housing" menu option. Select your current booking/room and select the Late Departure option from the drop down menu.
The latest check-out that can be requested is Monday, June 19 at 8:00 a.m. Students are required to submit documentation to support their late departure request. Each front desk will review their resident's requests and notify them via email of their decision as well as any charges associated with the late departure, if applicable.
Those with an approved late departure must check out by 8:00 a.m. on the approved date unless otherwise stated on the approval notice.
Students with a Summer Sessions contract beginning Sunday, June 25, 2023 can arrange for a Spring to Summer Staythrough.
Active loading spaces will be available free of charge for 30 minute intervals in the following lots:
- all of Lot 11
- all of Lot DDT
- Top two levels of lot SV
- Reserved spaces on Gayley Avenue
The Hedrick turnaround will be available on a first come, first served basis. The Sproul and Rieber turnaround will not be available for loading.
Visit ask.housing.ucla.edu or speak with a Residence Hall Manager.