Ask the Dietitian
To ensure that our on-campus residents have uninterrupted access to vital diet and nutrition information, Carole Bartolotto, Registered Dietitian (RD), is available for consultation from 10am-6pm on Tuesday - Thursday. Contact her via e-mail at [email protected] to arrange an appointment.
About the Dietitian
Carole Bartolotto is a Registered Dietitian with a lot of passion for food and nutrition. She was a Senior Consultant at Kaiser Permanente where she oversaw the development of publications and educational materials and managed health education programs and projects related to health, diet, and cardiovascular disease. She has published articles on the plant-based diet and sugar and artificial sweeteners in the peer-reviewed Permanente Journal. She has written for online sites such as Kaiser Permanente and Yahoo Food and been featured in Elle Magazine and CNN.com. Additionally, she has spoken at many conferences, symposia, and webinars on a variety of nutrition-related topics. In 2014, she became an adjunct professor for Pepperdine University where she taught Nutrition 210: Contemporary Issues in Nutrition. She also created and implemented a plant-based Diabetes Prevention Program.
Carole, a California native, earned a bachelor’s degree in dietetics/nutrition and a master’s degree in Exercise Physiology from California State University, Northridge. She is enthusiastic about helping others move towards eating a healthy, sustainable diet with more plant foods and less animal foods for both human and planetary health.
As part of our commitment to helping student-residents make healthy choices, UCLA Dining Services offers the expertise of our Registered Dietitian (RD), Carole Bartolotto, to be available to:
- Answer your nutrition-related questions.
- Provide tips on how you can make healthy choices at our restaurants.
- Address your dietary concerns or special needs.
- Provide information on Dining Services and other nutrition-related resources.
For questions regarding special dietary issues such as food allergies, vegetarian or vegan diets, general nutrition, or any nutrition-related topic, please don't hesitate to contact:
Carole Bartolotto, M.A., RDN
Telephone: (310) 206-3193
Mobile: (424) 535-4286
Email: [email protected]
Office: Sproul Hall, Suite 176
Nutritional Information Resources
- The Nutrition Source
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- The American Heart Association
- Nutrition Data – Self.com
- Healthy Eating & Diet Center – WebMD.com
- Nutrition: Medline Plus – National Institutes of Health
- Sugar Science The Unsweetened Truth
- Center for Science in the Public Interest
- Food Politics
- New York Times Magazine: The Extraordinary Science of Addictive Junk Food
Vegetarian & Vegan Information
- Vegetarian Resource Group
- Forks Over Knives
- Vegan Society
- The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Position Paper on Vegetarian Diets
- The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
Celiac disease and gluten free diets
Food and Climate Change
- The President’s Council on Fitness and Sports
- The Physician and Sports Medicine
- Sports, Cardiovascular and Wellness Nutrition (SCAN)
- Nancy Clark, R.D.