Ask the Dietitian
Please note, De Neve Residential Restaurant is currently open daily and serving delicious to-go meal options. Please check back for further updates as we plan for fall dining operations, based on recommendations from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health.
To ensure that our on-campus residents have uninterrupted access to vital diet and nutrition information, Carole Bartolotto, Registered Dietitian (RD), is available for consultation from 10am-6pm every Wednesday during Spring Quarter 2020. Contact her via e-mail at [email protected] to arrange an appointment.
You can also join our Zoom meeting, “Nutrition Q&A with Carole Bartolotto, RDN”, where you can get all your nutrition questions answered every Wednesday at 12 p.m. (through June 3, 2020). For more information see: reslife.ucla.edu/all-events.
About the DietiTian
Carole Bartolotto is a Registered Dietitian with a lot of passion for nutrition and health. She was a Senior Consultant at Kaiser Permanente where she oversaw the development of publications and educational materials and managed health education programs and projects related to health, diet, and cardiovascular disease. She has published articles on the plant-based diet and sugar and artificial sweeteners in the peer-reviewed Permanente Journal. She has written for online sites such as Kaiser Permanente and Yahoo Food and been featured in Elle Magazine and CNN.com. Additionally, she has spoken at many conferences, symposia, and webinars on a variety of nutrition-related topics. In 2014, she became an adjunct professor for Pepperdine University where she taught Nutrition 210: Contemporary Issues in Nutrition. She created and implemented a plant-based Diabetes Prevention Program.
Carole, a California native, earned a bachelor’s degree in dietetics/nutrition and a master’s degree in Exercise Physiology from California State University, Northridge. She is enthusiastic about helping others move towards a healthy diet and lifestyle.
As part of our commitment to helping student-residents make healthy choices, UCLA Dining Services offers the expertise of our Registered Dietitian (RD), Carole Bartolotto, to be available to:
- Answer your nutrition-related questions.
- Provide tips on how you can make healthy choices at our restaurants.
- Address your dietary concerns or special needs.
- Provide information on Dining Services and other nutrition-related resources.
For questions regarding special dietary issues such as food allergies, vegetarian/veganism, general nutrition, or any of the programs or initiatives listed below, please don't hesitate to contact:
Carole Bartolotto, M.A., RDN
Telephone: (310) 206-3193
Email: [email protected]
Office: Sproul Hall, Suite 176
Nutritional Information Resources
- The Nutrition Source
- The American Heart Association
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Nutrition Data – Self.com
- Healthy Eating & Diet Center – WebMD.com
- Nutrition: Medline Plus – National Institutes of Health
- Center for Science in the Public Interest
- Food Politics
- New York Times Magazine: The Extraordinary Science of Addictive Junk Food
Vegetarian & Vegan Information
- Vegetarian Resource Group
- Forks Over Knives
- Vegan Society
- The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Position Paper on Vegetarian Diets
- The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
- The President’s Council on Fitness and Sports
- The Physician and Sports Medicine
- Sports, Cardiovascular and Wellness Nutrition (SCAN)
- Nancy Clark, R.D.