We are delighted to provide kosher and halal dining choices throughout the academic year. In response to a significant volume of student inquiries and requests, Residential Life and Dining Services collaborated to establish these dining options back in 2012. The driving force behind this initiative was the students' collective aspiration for individuals of all religious backgrounds to enjoy meals together with their fellow Bruins, irrespective of their specific dietary requirements.
Kosher dining options are available exclusively at the DeNeve Residential Restaurant for fall quarter. During lunch and dinner, guests can select from prepackaged meal options that meet kosher or halal requirements. The Dining team members will heat these quality frozen entrées upon request. Meals are available seven days a week.
Kosher Meal Options (Sample)
- Beef Kefta with Basmati Rice & Roasted Tomato
- Chicken Schnitzel with Roasted Potatoes & Roasted Peppers and Tomatoes
- Chicken Stuffed Peppers with Marinara Sauce & Wild Rice
- Korean-Style Short Ribs with Asian Rice
- Curry Chicken with Basmati Rice
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Teriyaki Chicken with Rice & Stir-Fry Vegetables
- Grilled Chicken Breast with Brown Rice & Roasted Vegetables
- Homemade-Style Turkey Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes & Baby Sweet Peas
- Fried Tilapia with Brown Rice & Sautéed Vegetables
- Baked Wild Salmon, Saffron Brown Rice & Roasted Vegetables
- Teriyaki Tofu with Quinoa
- Honey Glazed Tofu Steak with Brown Rice & Sautéed Spinach
Students may also use their meal plan at lunch on Monday-Thursday from 11:30am–2:30pm at Our Kosher Table at Hillel, which is located at 574 Hilgard Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90024
Halal dining options are available at Epicuria at Covel for fall quarter during dinner Sunday through Thursday. Please refer to the dining web pages for the halal menu items offered.
UCLA Dining Services
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1367