Skip to Main Content

University Apartments for Student Families

University Village - Designed with Student Families in Mind

Family sitting on porch with front door of house open behind them

UCLA currently offers more than 1,160 apartments designed especially for married students, students with same-sex domestic partners and single parents. Located about five miles south of campus in the Palms/Mar Vista area, University Village is near bus lines, shopping, schools and parks.


All units are rented unfurnished and contain a full kitchen (including stove, refrigerator, microwave and dishwasher), wall-to-wall carpeting, blinds, and central heat and air-conditioning. Buildings have a key-controlled building access system and laundry facilities. No pets or any other animals are allowed. "Service Animals" are accommodated.

Amenities include:

  • State-of-the-art childcare center
  • Community centers
  • Central courtyards
  • Basic cable & high-speed internet connections
  • Adult lap pool
  • Children's playground
  • Children's swimming pool


Parking at University Village is not guaranteed. All new residents of University Village are required to submit proof of vehicle registration to be eligible for a garage or parking assignment.

Apartment Type - Eligibility

Students who are married couples, single or same sex domestic partners without children are eligible for a one-bedroom or two-bedroom apartment. Married couples and same sex domestic partners with children are eligible for any two-bedroom apartment. Families with three or more children are eligible for a three-bedroom apartment. Single parents are eligible for a one-, two- or three-bedroom unit depending on the number of children. Please note that to be able to pick up your keys, you will be required to furnish proof of relationship with each occupant that will be residing with you. Acceptable forms for couples include a marriage license, proof of domestic partnership or documentation showing at least one year of relationship which can include a previous rental agreement, shared utility bill or joint bank account. For children/legal dependents, the acceptable forms are a birth certificate or documentation of legal dependence.

Application Process

These apartments are in high demand. If you wish to be placed on the wait list and you are a full-time or newly-admitted UCLA student, submit an on-line application as soon as possible at via the housing portal. 

Questions? visit Ask Housing.