All undergraduate University Apartments residents are expected to vacate the apartment by their contract end-date of 12 p.m. (noon), Friday, June 12, 2020. All eligible residents may apply for a housing extension by submitting their request through AskHousing by 8:00 a.m., Wednesday, June 3, 2020.
Am I eligible and how long are extensions?
|Eligible Residents||Maximum Extension||Latest Check-Out Time|
|Up to Two Nights
Extension times are typically a few hours after the scheduled end of the graduation ceremony.
|Sunday, June 14th 5 p.m.**
(Extension time/date based on Graduation Ceremony)
|Extension times are typically a few hours after the exam ends.||Friday, June 12th up
to 10 p.m.*
*Residents who receive an extension for Friday final exams will not be charged the extension fee. Specific extension times will be determined based upon the Final Exam time and University Apartments' renovation schedule.
**Residents who provide proof of participation in Sunday graduation ceremonies will be considered for an extension up to 5 p.m. All extensions are granted based upon availability and are not guaranteed.
Other extension requests due to special circumstances may be considered with proper documentation. All extensions are granted based upon availability.
How do I request an extension?
Residents must submit all requests via email through Ask Housing by 11:59 p.m., Wednesday, June 3, 2020. Please use the following guidelines to format your email request:
- Email Subject Line: "Undergraduate Extension Request, Your Apartment Building & Unit Number, Your First & Last Name"
- Email Body: "Your Name, University ID Number, Building Name, Address, and Unit Number, Number of Nights Requested (two-night maximum), and Reason for Extension Request"
- Email Attachment: The supporting documentation for your extension request
What is proper documentation?
- Commencement ticket order summary/detail PDF or letter/email/ticket receipt confirming resident's participation in UCLA graduation ceremonies.
- Screenshots of resident's MyUCLA study list displaying the resident's name in the upper right hand corner and the final exam date and time.
Please note that extension requests are not guaranteed. Please submit your request in its entirety in the requested format with the proper documentation by the given deadline in order to be considered. Late requests will not be reviewed.
What if I have a summer contract with UCLA Housing?
If you have a summer contract for UCLA Housing and would like to purchase "stay through" accommodations, please contact the Housing Services Office at (310) 206-7011. Purchasing a "stay through" provides the resident with housing through the transition period between the end of the Spring academic contract and the beginning of the new Summer contract. "Stay through" accommodations are sold based on availability and must be purchased at the Housing Services Office.
All housing extension requests must be submitted to Ask Housing by 8:00 a.m., June 3, 2020.